Yes
I'm running away from the deadly creatures that follows me. I tried to look behind. I knew them. These were monsters long suppressed for their damages are unbearable. They have been long forgotten, buried in the abyssal dungeon of my memory. They must have grown wings and learned to fly. They have found a way to haunt me once more.
I run closing my eyes afraid of seeing them again. The pain they would inflict is just enough to kill me. They kill in a special way. They take your hopes away. Five years of therapy, numerous drugs and stings from injected morphine. They say I was already suicidal . What they did not know is that I was better dead than alive. I'm useless. Numb from all the morphine and drugs. It is only the numerous clinical trials in the effort to bring me back, which seemed hopeless, that keeps them hopeful.
Finally, when they were about to devour me, I opened my eyes. I can feel my palm sweating, back dampen, eyes weary from shedding dried tears, and throat aching from the silent screams. I can feel a bead of sweat running through my forehead. Suddenly, I feel his hand - soft, warm, strong, calm and reassuring - wiped it away.
---NOTE : I have made two endings. The first is this one.
He did not asked. He knew. He too was haunted with the same monsters. Even though the games have been over. Even though it's been ten years since it stopped. His embrace tighter. No monsters could hurt me.
"Yes." I said though my voice cracked.
"Yes." I said though my voice cracked.
"Yes?" Peeta asked unsure of what I meant. He looked at me waiting for explanation. As I sit straight, I looked into his blue eyes. I saw a reflection of how he sees me. Also, I saw his great desire to have our own family. Maybe that's why the monsters came back. But I have to face them now. I don't want to run away anymore. I locked my lips to his and that's how he knew what I meant. I finally succumb to his will. Did I lose? No, I did not.
I am just starting to win the games.
P.S This is my own version of what happened within those 10 years (Epilogue, Mockingjay) before Katniss finally agreed to bore a child. Big fan! :)
---Alternative ending 2 (for the "not" hunger games fans)
"You are safe now." He assures me.
I nod and buried myself in his chest. No doubt. No question. Those monsters' - my fears - could only mean one thing.
"I love you." I whisper knowing I need not to run anymore. I have to face them now.
Comments