SUNSHINE

 GIRL
I think I saw him looking at me. But that would be impossible. Maybe this crack brain of mine is playing tricks on me.
*sighs*
He still looks the same. No, he has grown more handsome this time. I remember the very first day I've seen him back in high school. His hair flailed backwards surrendering to the slow wind while he basked himself under the sunny shades of June. His big round hazel brown eyes paired with double lids sparkled through his very cold expressionless face. His lips were almost pale red. He was like a statue, a moving statue. Whoever was the sculptor should be commended for this work of art.
But what truly made that day remarkable was the time that I realized...



BOY
I saw her from afar and my knees seem to tremble. Why? I don't know. It's the first day of high school I have to be cool. Remain cool, I said to myself. I started to walk trying not to be distracted by her stare.
Aishhh! What is wrong with her? I thought. First my knees and now my heart? Why is it beating so fast?
As the distance between us slowly turned to arms away, I tried to keep walking straight. Until, I lost all my strength and give up. I replied to her stare.
Ever since that day, I've been dreaming of her. How her pale porcelain-like skin shines as the light hit her. She looks weak that way which made me want her to be in my arms to protect.  The luscious curls of her long hair feel freely to the sides. Her lips, yes her lips were pink divine under her sleepy eyes.
*sighs*
Oppssss. She almost caught me red handed looking at her.
It was very fortunate of me to be studying at the same university as hers right now. Beyond her very knowledge, I took a copy of her schedule and checked on her free time. She would usually go to the benches under the shades of the tree. There, she would dreamingly wander. I can only look at her from afar. Only from here I could say...
GIRL AND BOY
I am in love.

Comments

Popular Posts