IT'S TIME

Despite that our days are numbered, we always meet an infinite number of people. Yes, some might give us troubles, headaches and bad days. But there are also a few who touched our lives and make us a different person today. Also, they would lead us to writing this kind of entries because they are worth to remember.

Allow me to introduce you to one of my great mentor, Ricky. Yes, he is my teacher. Not in school, not in tutorial classes, especially not in dance class (No, No, NooOOO). He is my teacher in life. While there were things that I learned from my parents, what I do not get from them he has supplemented. If I were to site one, that would be his great emphasis on family. He has always told me (us) that our family is our greatest support system. We should always give importance to our parents, always respect them and most importantly always show our affection towards them – may it be in action or in words.

Ricky: from a mentor then became a brother. It was not hard to laugh with him, to joke with him, to tease him, and most importantly to trust him. If there were people I trust most, he is on top of the list. I remember one time; he talked to me straight and asked me that question that deeply changed my life. As a brother (kuya), you should be an inspiration to all and he was. His passion and dedication towards serving God is commendable. Even to his very last strength, I saw him raise his hands and praise GOD. The best servants need not to be perfect but faithful and he was that.

There are a lot to say but words will never be enough! Kuya, you have lived well. You have finished the race and now it is your time to rest. I will not be saying goodbye. Because the truth is you are not leaving home, you are going home: the home which our God has prepared for us. There we will meet again. There we will smile and laugh forever.

Comments

Popular Posts