Broken Record On Loop
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God is with you. -1 Chronicles 28:20
Every great man has his own flaw - where he struggles to win and where his very own grave is dug. Like Achilles’ heel, I, too, have my very own weak spot.
During one hot summer day, I once again fell in to temptation. I realized it was becoming more of a habit now - something that I fear would happen. For me, it is my very own struggle. A struggle that I, alone, should win. I started to pity myself. I started questioning the Lord with statements of “why do I always fail?”, “why do you made me weak?”, and a lot more whys. I was like a broken record that keeps repeating itself. I was becoming desperate. It was always the same mistake, same prayer and the same concern that I am lifting up to the Lord.
Later, I realized how foolish my tactics were. My strategies in the battle were not well think of. I realized that in this very battle, I am just like any other warrior - weak and sometimes unable. But like any other warrior, I have my very own master who’s willing to be with me in the battle. I have a master that will never abandon me no matter what. It was this promise that made me realize I cannot win ALONE. It was this promise that made me see that I was fighting with no one beside me. My master, on the other hand, was only waiting for me to call on him. IT was my mistake for all those years.
I was a broken record on loop. And it is now time for a new record to play. This time I’d be playing a duet in perfect jive and harmony with the Lord. This time I know that whatever may happen along the way, I have a Lord that assures my victory. And most importantly, I have a Lord with me that never abandons.
May God be praise.
Comments