THE BEACH

http://crackingtheegg.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/dscn4756.jpg
I can hear clearly the cries of the waves when it met the shore. The sensational cold as each waves tried to touch the end of my sole traveled through my spine. As it does, my eyes finally decided to open its self. It adjusted to the light, from a blur to a clear picture of where I was. The winds were wild at some point blowing my hair from all sides. It was curly now, that same curl I've always wanted. I fell asleep on the sand having only my board shorts.

The beach was filled with nothing besides the laughter I can hear not so far. When I was about to look on my side, a familiar face greeted me with her smile. Her hair were a little messy but that made her more beautiful. I could see through her white and pink printed sarong the stringed two-piece suit she was wearing. The contours of her body were defined. The sun's light tried to wrestle behind her back but only a few won. It pierced through my eyes that instinctively one of my hands moved to cover. But I was still looking at the silhouette of her face.

"Finally! Come play with us you sleepy head!" Her voice, yes, I know that voice. She extends her hand to help which I gladly accept. There I saw a child not older than three running around playing with what's left of the huge waves from the sea.
When the child finally realized I was awake, she run towards me and said, "Daddy!"
I woke to a start.

Comments

Popular Posts